With the recent outbreak of coronavirus/COVID-19 in the region, Orange City Area Health System is opening “Well Clinics” in the Medical Building at the west end of the main campus in Orange City and also at the Hospers Medical Clinic. These clinics are specifically for patient visits deemed necessary by family physicians.
Examples of visits to our Well Clinic include:
• Prenatal visits – including ultrasound
• Well child checks (up to 18 months of age)
• Visits with our Pediatrician
• Blood draws (we have a clean draw lab in the Well Clinic)
• Medication management – our Clinical Pharmacists are located in our Well Clinic in Orange City)
• Medication/pharmacy refills for patients with chronic conditions
• Blood pressure checks
• Anticoagulation management
• Diabetes managment
• Behavioral health – now located in our Well Clinic in Orange City
• Sports management/injuries/injections – our Sports Medicine Clinic is now located in our Well Clinic in Orange City
NOTE: Patients are asked to have only one support person accompany them on visits.
The current Medical Clinic at the Orange City campus will be used to see acute patients. Mill Creek Family Medicine in Paullina will continue to serve patients for both acute and well visits.
Patients experiencing fever, flu-like symptoms, or those who have been exposed to anyone with these symptoms in the past 14 days should call their physician before being seen.
The Well Clinic in Orange City is located in the Medical Building at the west end of our main campus. Please call 712-737-2000 for appointments. Consult with your provider for guidance.
The family medicine clinic in Hospers is also serving as a Well Clinic during this time. Please call 712-752-8800.