Physicians ... consider the Middle of Somewhere
Why would a physician consider practicing at Orange City Area Health System?
A message from our CEO Marty Guthmiller …
If you or someone you know is a physician considering a rural practice … please consider Orange City Area Health System. You might be surprised at what you find here.
Here are some reasons that merit a closer look …
- Quality of Life. Our Core Values and the distinct values of our community and the region we serve create an environment and promote a culture that nurtures and supports well-being and healthy families. In fact, Sioux County is ranked the healthiest county in the state of Iowa, based on several key factors.
- A medical community friendly to family physicians. Family medicine is our “bread and butter.” It is our core, our strength, and central to all we do. The camaraderie and collegiality among our physicians provides a team approach fostering meaningful interaction with other medical professionals.
- Top-notch schools. Orange City offers options for public schools (MOC-Floyd Valley) and private schools (Orange City Christian School and Unity Christian High School) – both of which are excellent on many levels. In addition, Northwestern College – a four year liberal arts college – contributes a vibrant dynamic to the area’s culture, entertainment, and education.
- Size and scope of our community. Orange City is a progressive community with all the needed amenities – from many great restaurants and shops … to parks, trails, an award-winning golf course, and other recreation and entertainment. Yet it has a special “old world charm” with a vibrant Main Street and safe, nurturing neighborhoods. We are located within an hour of the Iowa Great Lakes and Sioux Falls, and 45 minutes from Sioux City.
- Income opportunities. Orange City Area Health System offers employment contracts with guaranteed minimums negotiated by specialty and specific situation.
- Benefits. We offer an excellent benefits package which, as a municipal employer, includes IPERS (Iowa Public Employee Retirement System) – a wonderful retirement option with mandated significant employer matching.
- Loan forgiveness. We offer an attractive loan forgiveness package for repayment of student loans. Typically, these loans are forgiven over a 4 to 5 year period.
- Signing bonus. As part of a comprehensive, extremely competitive package, we offer signing bonuses for physicians joining our team.
This is a quick glimpse of why you may want to consider joining the medical team at Orange City Area Health System. There is much more we would like to share! Please contact me at email@example.com or 712-541-1030. I would be pleased to provide any information or answer any questions you may have.
Thank you for considering Orange City Area Health System.
Martin (Marty) W. Guthmiller, CEO
Orange City Area Health System is a comprehensive health system encompassing four family medicine clinics, sports medicine clinic, behavioral health clinic, award-winning hospital, birth center, surgical center, radiology and laboratory services, occupational health services, specialty outreach services, physical and aquatic therapy, home health and hospice, a retirement community, and a senior care center. The health system campus – designed with privacy and total healing as its foundation – is situated on 37 acres, including a pond with fountain, a healing garden, and a field of prairie grasses and wild flowers adjacent to the PuddleJumper Trail.
A team of family medicine providers, along with dedicated nurses, medical specialists, and 500 support staff, are committed to serving the region with the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment to Excellence, Dedicated Colleagues, and Extraordinary Customer Experience. Orange City Area Health System has been named one of the Top 20 Critical Access Hospitals in the nation, one of “50 Critical Access Hospitals to Know” in the U.S., and a Women’s Choice Award recipient for Outstanding Patient Experience for three consecutive years.