Download our Fertility care brochure here.
With a highly-qualified staff of OB physicians and nurses, two surgeons that perform C-sections, two Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists, and a patient-friendly, total healing environment — young families from throughout northwest Iowa are discovering the kind of personal care, privacy, and quality facilities that make OCAHS an increasingly popular choice for obstetrics care.
Dads eat free (and other little surprises)
Top 10 reasons to choose Orange City Area Health System when you’re expecting …
1) Seven OB doctors with a range of experience – part of our team of 16 family practice providers for a lifetime of care.
2) Fertility care services to help achieve (or avoid) pregnancy.
3) Your “care team” is your partner – throughout pregnancy and your personal delivery plan … and then with the birth and follow-up care of your newborn.
4) 4D fetal ultrasound – very cool!
5) Labor room whirlpool – very nice!
6) Skilled, caring, compassionate nurses (ask them to have a bologna sandwich ready for you after delivery and voila!)
7) Two skilled staff surgeons and a state-of-the-art surgical suite (located near our birth center) for ultimate safety.
8) Anesthesia services for pain management if desired.
9) Spacious, comfortable post-partum rooms.
10) Dads eat free! (And the room service menu is yummy.)
Orange City Area Health System is a comprehensive health system encompassing four family medicine clinics, sports medicine clinic, behavioral health clinic, award-winning hospital, birth center, surgical center, radiology and laboratory services, occupational health services, specialty outreach services, physical and aquatic therapy, home health and hospice, a retirement community, and a senior care center. The health system campus – designed with privacy and total healing as its foundation – is situated on 37 acres, including a pond with fountain, a healing garden, and a field of prairie grasses and wild flowers adjacent to the PuddleJumper Trail.
A team of 19 family medicine providers, along with dedicated nurses, medical specialists, and 500 support staff, are committed to serving the region with the Core Values of Integrity, Commitment to Excellence, Dedicated Colleagues, and Extraordinary Customer Experience. Orange City Area Health System has been named one of the Top 20 Critical Access Hospitals in the nation, one of “50 Critical Access Hospitals to Know” in the U.S., and a Women’s Choice Award recipient for Outstanding Patient Experience.